2016 Honor Society for Sprinkler Fitter Graduates Announced
The American Fire Sprinkler Association’s (AFSA) Fire Sprinkler Fitter National Honor Society was first established in 2012 to recognize those trainees, along with their sponsoring employers, who have completed all four levels of the AFSA Correspondence Course for Fire Sprinkler Fitters with a cumulative grade point average of 95 percent or above. Inductees into the 2016 class of AFSA’s Fire Sprinkler Fitter National Honor Society represent approximately the top 10 percent of the 140 four-level graduates for the year.
Leslie Clounts, AFSA director of education, notes: “It’s a real privilege to recognize these outstanding contractors who have clearly devoted much thought, energy, and time into making AFSA’s sprinkler fitter curriculum work for their training programs. The result of their proficient efforts not only keeps their businesses productive, but may mold potential future leaders in our industry.”
The following companies are the proud employers of inductees into the 2016 Fire Sprinkler Fitter National Honor Society:
- Aero Automatic Sprinkler, Phoenix, Arizona (two inductees)
- Carter’s Fire Sprinkler, Lebanon, Oregon
- Colby Fire Protection, Rochdale, Massachusetts
- Dynamic Fire Protection, Inc. Berlin, Massachusetts
- Eagle Sprinkler Company, Whitinsville, Massachusetts
- Innovative Services, Inc., Tolland, Connecticut
- Lynco Fire Protection, Burlington, Massacusetts
- Midwestern Mechanical, Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Simplex Grinnell, Helena, Montana
- SimplexGrinnell, Lexena, Kansas
- New Mexico Chapter/Standard Auto Fire Enterprise (SAFE), Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Superior Fire Protection, Jackson, Tennessee
- Western Automatic Sprinkler, Salt Lake City, Utah (two inductees)
Recognition plaques for the individual students are provided to the sponsoring employer, so that the contractor company can present the plaque to the fire sprinkler fitter graduate at an appropriate time and location. AFSA is also pleased to honor those contractors who participate in this training curriculum and encourage their fitter trainees to study and do well on their tests by recognizing their company in Sprinkler Age.
Build Enthusiasm Through Competition Entries are already coming in as excitement grows for AFSA’s National Apprentice Competition, celebrating its 24th year at the 2017 convention and exhibition, September 24-27 at the Bellagio Las Vegas. Many contractor employers of fire sprinkler fitter trainees who competed in the annual event state that it builds enthusiasm and encourages trainees to study the AFSA Fire Sprinkler Fitter Training Series more carefully and improve their performance.