Attend Free AHJ Days at AFSA42
AFSA42: Convention, Exhibition, and Apprentice Competition, to be held September 6-9 at the Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, will feature two action-packed education, technology, and networking days especially designed for Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs), and it’s free to attend! This annual event is attended by fire sprinkler contractors, manufacturers, and suppliers from around the globe. This year, two days have been reserved for the local AHJ community during convention. Join AFSA on Friday, September 8, and Saturday, September 9, for:
• Five education seminars tailored to AHJs offering CEUs;
• Two lunch tickets to enjoy networking meals with contractors;
• One ticket to the General Session, which features AFSA’s leadership, award presentations, and National Apprentice Competition finalists;
• One ticket to the Grand Opening Exhibition, including complimentary hors d’oeuvres; and
• Entry to tour the exhibit hall and view the 30th Annual National Apprentice Competition.
Seminars to be presented include the following:
• Communicating with the Customer –This presentation is focused on creating and understanding the methodology of efficient and effective communications with the customer.
• Fire Sprinkler System Plan Review – It will cover the necessary information for an NFPA 13 fire sprinkler shop drawing submittal so a formal review can be commenced.
• I Was a Fire Protection Contractor… Now I Am an AHJ; Seeing Both Sides of the Coin – Hear stories from a former AHJ regarding with design submittals, installations, and acceptance of sprinkler systems.
• Tales from the Dark Side – Led by an AHJ who previously owned a fire sprinkler company, hear the stories that a fire sprinkler contractor has with the design, installation, and acceptance of sprinkler systems.
• Understanding the Roles of NFPA 25 – Discuss the newest edition of NFPA 25, highlighting what the AHJ needs to know about the roles and responsibilities of all the stakeholders.
These events are free for AHJs in uniform! (*Travel and parking costs to attend are not included.) To learn more and register, visit www.firesprinkler.org/ahjdays.